Before you move
- Give your notice to vacate to your current landlord or letting agent
- Set up a standing order or direct debit for your new rent payments – at KFH, we organise this for you, however some letting agents may not
- Notify your bank, insurance, mobile phone and any other utility companies of your new address
- Notify utility providers of your change of address and if you are considering switching, research the best value companies for your new property
- Set up a redirection for your post
Find out more about the TDS in our guide to tenants’ rights and responsibilities in our guide.
- Submit final electricity, gas and water meter readings to the relevant utility providers
- Ensure you remove all personal items, the property is cleaned to at least the same standard as at the start of the tenancy and furniture is returned to its original place.
- Repair any damage caused to the property during your tenancy and replace any items that cannot be repaired, retaining receipts for your records
- Return the keys to the inventory clerk if a check out has been booked, or to the landlord or letting agent if not. Obtain a receipt.
- Ensure you have read and understood the tenancy agreement, signed and returned it
- Ensure you have paid the initial rent and deposit, You won't be allowed to move in until you have done so.
- Attend the inventory check-in appointment or collect the keys for your new property from the letting agent or landlord
- Take gas, electricity and water readings at your new property
For further information about preparing for your moving day, talk to a KFH letting agent.