The type of let you decide upon will depend on your circumstances, but whether you are looking for a short stay or something longer term, there are properties to suit every need.
How long do I want my tenancy to last?
Short let – tenancies from a few weeks up to six months
Short lets can be cost-effective alternative to staying in a hotel or serviced apartment and can be rented for a few weeks and up to six months. Short let properties can be furnished and ready to move into and utility bills are included in the rental. You can also opt to rent a short let partly furnished, or unfurnished.
Short lets are ideal if you are:
- Temporarily in a different area for business purposes
- Relocating for a new job
- A contractor moving around the country for different work projects
- Visiting relatives for an extended period
- Attending a training course, business or sporting event
- An overseas visitor on a short or medium term visa
- Having work done on your primary property
- Awaiting a sale completion
- New to an area and do not want to commit to a long let or property purchase
Find out more about short lets in our guide.
Long let – tenancies over six months
Long lets are ideal for people looking to base themselves in a particular area for six months and over, or putting down roots long term.
Some of the reasons for considering a long let include:
- Option to choose a fully furnished, unfurnished or part furnished property
- Reduced moving frequency
- Less frequent renegotiations – long-term value
- Security for a fixed rental term
- Enrolment at a particular place of education (self or family member)
- Connections to the area (e.g. family or friends)
- Temporary employment becomes more permanent
Should I choose a managed property?
Managed properties offer a range of services designed to make the renting experience easier and more efficient for the landlord and tenant from start to finish.
Some of the benefits of property management services tenants can expect are:
- A dedicated and professional property manager
- Access to caretaking and maintenance contractors via the managing agent
- A 24 hour emergency callout service
What is a corporate let?
A corporate let refers to a tenancy where the tenant is a business or organisation and is let for the purpose of housing staff members on a short or medium term basis. This type of let can be for the duration of a contract, or while staff look for something more permanent.
Similar to a managed property, some of the benefits of a corporate let include:
- A dedicated and professional account manager
- Assistance with tenancy agreement negotiations
- Property furnished to a high standard
For more information about type of tenancy types contact a KFH letting agent.