units currently managed
combined portfolio value
of client funds held
At KFH, our longevity, experience, service and results as a managing agent are second to none and a comfort for many, meaning we retain clients and our staff.
Our London block management client base is one of the largest and longest established, tracing its roots back to the company’s formation in 1977. Our block management team are here to provide proactive advice on the management of your residential property, whether for a Resident Management Company, Right to Manage Company, investor landlord or house builder.
Here is an overview of some of the block management services we provide for you:
An existing building:
- A change of managing agent transfer procedure
- A schedule of condition prior to handover, with a detailed report of our findings
- Bespoke financial reporting on all aspects of income, service charge and ground rent
- Communication tools for all residents, keeping all parties informed
- Regular board meetings, with management reporting in advance and minute production
- Regular inspections with our time and date stamped inspection survey
- A board of directors 24/7 management tool application
- Resident meetings
- Capital expenditure plan management for longer term maintenance
- Company secretarial service
A new build development:
- Brand awareness review and compliance
- Advice on building design and service needs
- Assistance with planning permission challenges
- Consultation with legal advisers on draft leases
- Creation and implementation of residents’ management companies
- Setting and managing service charge budgets and reserve funds
- Capital expenditure plan production
- The initial recruitment of maintenance contractors and staff
- Sales team support on a variety of aspects
Click the link below for more detail about the residential block management services and solutions we can provide.
Changing your residential block management to KFH
The thought of changing block managing agent can be a daunting one, however over the years we have learnt that the key is to ensure there is sufficient resource to manage a smooth handover, allowing the property manager to focus on the job in hand.
On changing to KFH Block Management, we ensure a smooth transition through the following process:
- To begin we appoint a senior member or director of the division to oversee the transfer between agents. They will assess the current list of requirements at the property.
- A handover check list is discussed with the outgoing agent, agreeing a timeline of action, keeping you updated as we progress through the transfer, both in advance and after the commencement date.
- The property manager is introduced to you and full breath of resources are allocated so that historic concerns are tackled immediately.
- Residents receive an introduction letter in advance, detailing how the handover will take place and the service we are providing as part of the contract.
- This letter will check their contact details and permission requirements and provide details on a timeline for completion.
- If required, we set up a resident meeting where some clients choose to attend a resident meeting in person or via video conference call. This we find to be useful, giving further detail on the tender process, our history and to listen to the thoughts and needs of the residents.
If you are thinking of changing managing agent and would like to discuss how KFH Block Management can help then please get in touch.
We are a hands-on team of experienced professionals all working towards providing excellent block management services for our clients. Our team is our biggest asset and represents KFH to our clients on a daily basis, so the longevity of our staff is paramount to what we do and we only recruit the most talented individuals. We invest heavily in training and provide a unique support structure to ensure our people have the right tools and confidence to deliver the very best service possible.
Our team consists of either RICS or IRPM qualified property managers and property assistants, specialist service charge account managers with separate credit control, insurance and subletting support teams, general administration and a dedicated team of property risk analysts to cater for the latest Government Building Safety legislation, such as external facades, general fire safety and health and safety risk.
With over 250 staff across our clients’ properties, the HR structure and support is key to managing and engaging with our clients’ staff. Site staff are the focal point for our customers and play an integral part of the team and service delivery. Staff training with certification is undertaken throughout the year and we provide client contract review advice and a range of staff wellbeing initiatives.
The key to our success is great people.
After some initial due diligence, each property is assessed, with a visit and discussion with you, followed by a presentation, the management proposal, including options for the type of service and frequency of visits. We aim to include as much as possible within the set annual price, avoiding any concerns with a list of extra over costs and hence with complete transparency.
Allowing a property manager and their team to have time to manage is key to a successful experience, so with a minimum fee arrangement and sensible portfolio sizes, along with the robust support team, the service as contracted and more is at all times achievable.
We would be delighted to talk with you and in turn provide a quotation, so do please feel free to get in touch.
Find us at:
Nelson House, 58 Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 7PA