Skip to main content

How do I serve notice to vacate my property?

You need to do this in line with your tenancy agreement.You will have signed an agreement for a fixed term and you can leave at the end of that term, as long as you let your landlord know in writing beforehand.If you have agreed a break clause in the fixed term agreement and want to use this, then you need to comply with those terms. We advise, referring to your tenancy contract.

If you go over the fixed term, you will need to give your landlord at least one calendar months written notice, but this could be longer, depending on the terms of your tenancy agreement or the frequency the rent is paid.

Read more testimonials Leave a review

Find a property

Please upgrade your browser

The Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward website uses the latest technology to give you the best possible experience, unfortunately your browser doesn't support these technologies.

Click here to upgrade to a modern browser