When you rent a property, there are a number of costs to consider; which may vary depending on the area and the type of let you are looking at.
These costs will include stand alone and on going items:
- Rent – one month’s advance rent when you move in and on-going monthly rent throughout the tenancy
- Deposit – usually equal to between the equivalent of six week’s rent and is typically paid in advance of moving
- Agent fees – reference checks, inventory, tenancy agreement fee
- Moving costs – removal company or vehicle hire, storage costs
- Household bills – electricity, gas, water, council tax, telephone and internet, TV licence, contents insurance
- Rent increases