Skip to main content

Completely London

Home insurance

Home insurance provides important cover for your buildings, contents and personal possessions against loss or damage.

Home insurance falls into two categories; buildings and contents. These can be covered separately or arranged as a joint policy. Buildings insurance is usually a requirement of the lender when taking out a mortgage and this will be part of the mortgage offer. Should something unexpected happen this provides cover for the structure of the property both inside and outside. Contents insurance protects all your belongings inside the home. You can enhance these policies at an added premium to include additional cover such as accidental damage, personal possessions and family legal protection which will help meet all your home insurance needs.

If you are buying a leasehold property, the freeholder of the building will often be responsible for buildings insurance and will pass the premiums on to you through the service charge. We recommend that you check this in your lease before you buy.

If you plan to rent your property, specialist landlord’s building and contents insurance is available.

This is only a summary of cover. If you would like more information on home insurance and a copy of the Policy Booklet and Policy Schedule contact one of our specialist protection advisers.

Contact a mortgage consultant or specialist protection adviser

With a team of fully qualified mortgage consultants and specialist protection advisers we are able to offer a range of services.

Call 020 8739 2068

Contact us

Mortgage estimator


Find a property