We are fully experienced with handling different types of property surveys available to buyers and investors.
There are two main types of structural survey available for those buying a property: a Homebuyer's Report or a Residential Building Survey.
A homebuyer's survey and valuation report is an investigation carried out when you are buying a property. This is a more in depth survey than a mortgage valuation, but is still an economical way of learning about a property's condition and value.
Our surveyor will look at all reasonably accessible areas of the building and provide the following:
- An opinion of the property's general condition, current market value and future sale prospects
- Identification of any items or issues which require attention and/or may affect the value now or in the future
- A list of matters with probable/possible legal implications which should be referred to your solicitor/conveyancer
- Advice on maintenance and safety issues
- Details of matters to be investigated further or acted upon prior to legal commitment to purchase
Residential building survey
A building survey (formerly a structural survey) is the most detailed property inspection available.
The main difference between a homebuyer's report and a residential building survey is that the residential building survey takes a more in depth look at the property's construction and condition.
A building survey provide more detail about:
- Any major problems with the building
- The general condition of reasonably accessible internal and external parts of the building
- The roof structure
- Any suspected problems like timber infestation or damp that might need specialist advice
- Boundaries, grounds and outbuildings
- Consequences of any problems discovered during the inspection
It also includes the overall impression of services like water supply and drainage (testing these services is not included). A building survey can be tailored to your needs including major conversion or renovation.
To find out more about the residential building surveys contact us.