Service Charge Accountant
Nelson House / Permanent
At KFH we are looking for a Service Charge Accountant to join our Block and Portfolio Management Accounts team. Are you an experienced Client Accounts Manager or in a similar role? Do you have a proven track record in effectively managing a block management client portfolio and providing first-rate accounting service? Do you have experience in forming and developing great relationships with customers and colleagues? We’re looking for an individual that can collaborate with others, share their knowledge and skills. At KFH we are continuously looking for opportunities to improve and are looking for a service charge accountant to bring new thinking and embrace our legacy.
At KFH, with over 60 branches across the capital we are London’s largest independent property services groups, and we are growing! As one of London’s leading property services groups we offer a range of property services including block management, commercial, residential, and financial services. We manage over 15,000 residential and commercial units in different mixed-use schemes across 130 locations in London, with a combined portfolio worth £10 billion. In addition to this, we have one of the largest teams of qualified chartered surveyors and valuers in London and provide a whole range of services for corporate and private clients. Our employees are at the heart of our business and help to drive our success by supporting each other and providing exceptional service with care in order to achieve the right results with integrity. We pride ourselves on working in collaboration and valuing experience as well as encouraging new thinking.
You will manage a client portfolio and take ownership of the process from start to finish.
You will report to the Senior Portfolio Accountant & Portfolio Account Director
Responsibilities of a service charge accountant include:
- Assisting the block manager with the preparation of the annual service charge budget and ten year maintenance plan for your clients
- Attending Client meetings as and when required
- Checking coding and authorize of your clients supplier invoices on a daily basis
- Reconciling and checking all clients/Properties quarterly financial reports and balances
- To assist with the preparation of your portfolio of clients employees P11d forms.
- Preparing ground rent reports for freeholders/clients and requesting the transfer of funds due
- Preparing any required monthly client reporting for your portfolio, these could be computer generated reports or bespoke excel reports.
- Conducting Year-End procedures – preparing clients year-end paperwork including: preparing trial balance reports, preparing Year-End Income & Expenditure reports, and preparing section 20b Notices.
As a service charge accountant at KFH, you will play a key part in our client retention plans by working with our clients with a focus on long term relationship building.
- Discounted legal fees and searches when using our in-house team for sales and purchases
- Complementary mortgage service arrangement
- Reduced fee when you sell your property with us
- Financial support in gaining qualifications
Additional earning potential, commission earnt on:
- Block Management referrals
- New homes transactions and land transactions
- Survey referrals
- Referrals to our Commercial team
- Employee referral scheme
Company benefits include:
- Medicash – healthcare insurance
- Travel insurance (optional benefit)
- Dental insurance (optional benefit)
- Life assurance
- Beauty and fitness discounts
- Restaurant and cinema discounts
- Charitable giving
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Through KFH’s dedicated Talent Development team you will have access to a range of in person and online training programmes that will support you in your role and in your longer-term career development
Each year we celebrate success by hosting a companywide Awards Ceremony and we also take our top performing employees skiing in Verbier. We also have regular involvement with our chosen London based charity, London Youth. Activities vary from cake sales to Tough Mudder to marathons and we encourage our employees to participate. We pride ourselves in fantastic customer service, exceptional communication and delivering the right results.
KFH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
KFH. People. We get it.