To act as the first point of contact at either KFH or Nelson House, deal with all visitors and incoming telephone calls in a polite, professional and courteous manner, at all times and ensure that the reception area is professionally presented and welcoming.
1) Welcome, register and announce the arrival of visitors. Provide them with a temporary pass when required. Make refreshments, to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered in line with company standards.
2) Handle all incoming calls efficiently and professionally and within agreed service levels, as required.
3) Ensure the reception areas, building entrances and local toilet facilities are clean and tidy at all times and facilitate the swift resolution of any defects/issues that arise that may compromise KFHs professional image.
4) Screen all senior management calls/enquiries, take messages or redirect as required in order to help them manage their time more effectively.
5) Control and manage the meeting room booking system so meeting rooms are not double-booked or booked and not occupied. Arrange refreshments where requested.
6) Announce all deliveries received along with incoming and outgoing mail to ensure prompt collection so housekeeping standards are maintained.
7) Oversee bookings for couriers, taxis and other ad-hoc requests and maintain records and logs accordingly in line with Company systems and procedures
8) Carry out any general administration work and tasks as required by Facilities or Fleet team
9) Provide cover for Facilities team when short-staffed or as required, assisting with helpdesk calls and dealing with them appropriately to ensure branch-related issues are dealt with efficiently.
Professional skills and experience
- Has experience of working in a similar role in a fast paced, customer focused front of house role.
- Experience of dealing with customers particularly on the phone and is able to communicate effectively, concisely and clearly.
- Computer literate. Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Significantly experienced user of Outlook particularly the diary management functions and meeting room management.
- Experience of a customer focused role in another organisation.
- Highly customer focused with the ability to deal consistently with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Organised, manage routine processes well, efficient and meets deadlines.
- Takes great pride in work and appearance - is well presented.
- Friendly and helpful, approachable and an excellent communicator
- Maintains a calm and professional approach during peak periods of workload
- Resilient and able to escalate effectively when experiencing problems/issues
- Contributes to the success of the wider team, is an effective team player and is willing to help others where required.
- Capable of suggesting improvements to systems and processes to help improve the performance of the function.