Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward are recruiting for a Change of Sharers Negotiator to be based at our Head Office. You will negotiate new tenancy agreements in line with company procedures. This will be carried out by maintaining thorough communication with the landlord and tenants regarding an extension of the original lease and/or a rent increase where possible.
An understanding of AST Lettings is essential in this role as you will be checking compliance on tenancy agreements and issuing new agreements, as well as checking to see if the tenancy will be a HMO. You will also be collating other compliance documents such as EPC’s, Gas certificates, EICR’s and references.
Professional skills and experience
- Has experience of working in a similar role within the same function of a residential lettings agent.
- Has a full understanding of and is used to working under the regulatory framework the business operates in.
- Understands English housing legislation relevant to the residential lettings sector and has the confidence to provide advice as required.
- Capable negotiator and is experienced at handling customer objections.
- Has achieved ARLA 1 or, more recently the NFOPP qualification.
- Numerate – is able to calculate percentages and fees accurately.
- IT literate – Word, Excel and preferably experienced in using a relevant CRM system.
- Clear and concise communication skills particularly over the telephone
- Excellent relationship builder, wins trust quickly and maintains it.
- Organised, manages routine processes well, efficient and meets deadlines.
- Manages own work effectively and routinely follows through on tasks to completion.
- Effective at understanding problems and finding solutions, within boundaries and knows when it is appropriate to escalate.
- Resilient and tactful. Listens and is able to negotiate difficult situations through to a satisfactory outcome.
- Maintains work performance during peak periods of workload and manages pressure without losing focus.
- Customer focused and provides excellent service to build and retain business.